Winter is here. Cold days have come. It’s time to take care of our bodies. How to saturate it with nutrients? How can infectious diseases be prevented? These are the 5 foods you need to pay attention to in this winter. They will help to cope with the increased stress on the body due to the cold.
Table of Contents
Which Foods Help Body in Winter?
It is a valuable food, especially in winter. In the cold season, our body is in great need of nutritional components. Many of these are present in meat. Besides, it contains essential amino acids that are especially important for our body in winter. They will not be found anywhere except meat. Not in any other product.
And also the product contains a large number of minerals, vitamins, fats, and carbohydrates. They are found in meat in a proportion suitable for humans.
Why Eating Meat Is Essential In Winter?
- Meat saturates the body with energy and gives the body a feeling of warmth for a long time.
- Mineral components keep the heart in working order.
- Chicken helps us cope with colds.
- Fish meat helps to strengthen the bones of the body. And its components are better absorbed by the body.
It’s important to buy a good quality product. Do not go for semi-finished products. There, the composition contains a lot of fats. And when consumed, the body spends more energy on digesting semi-finished products and does not absorb practically anything from them, except for fats.
Alcohol when consumed in moderate quantity occasionally has several health benefits. But you need to be careful of the choice of alcoholic drink. Red wine, for example, has several minerals that help the body function properly and also reduce the risk of heart strokes.
Why Drinking Alcohol Beneficial In Winter?
Consuming a little quantity of alcohol in winter helps to keep the body warm and acts as a safeguard against the freezing weather. It boosts the flow of blood and makes the skin warmer. However, do not over-drink it.
You need to be mindful of the fact that excessive alcohol and even abuse of prescribed drugs can be harmful to the body. Nothing is damaging when you use them carefully and in moderate quantity but once you cross the line even the medication can become injurious to health.
They contain a huge amount of vitamins and minerals. Organic acids and essential oils help strengthen the immune system and survive the cold season. Vegetables improve digestion processes, help the intestines. It is important to remember that only the correct functioning of the digestive tract helps to maintain the body’s immunity at the required level.
If you add vegetables to meat or fish, you can get a product that fully meets the needs of the human body. Also, the components of meat or fish with a green side-dish will be absorbed better and faster.
Why Eating Fresh Vegetables Essential In Winter?
- Fresh and green vegetables help blood vessels and the heart, saturating with useful components.
- Eating onions and garlic increase the body’s resistance to viral and bacterial infections.
- Beetroot has a beneficial effect on the liver, nervous system, and cerebral circulation of the body.
- Eating carrots improves vision, especially at dusk. This is very true for winter darkness.
4- Fruits and Berries
They are rich in vitamins and minerals. Fruits and berries help our body fight infections. Especially during the period of illness, resistance is increased. Highly digestible sugars and carbohydrates fill us with energy and help us survive the cold for a long time.
The advantage of fruits is that they are ready to eat right after purchase. You don’t need to cook them. Just wash them properly and eat.
Why Eating Fruits And Berries Essential In Winter?
- Pear, for example, due to the content of folic acid and other beneficial components, help the immune system, heart, and blood vessels.
- Bananas can be especially highlighted here, which help the body to cope with stress due to the cold. Sugar and fiber saturate the body with energy.
- Berries are also rich in vitamins and minerals. They help the body to fight infections and boost the immune system. Gooseberry, for example, supports metabolism and thus maintains health. Blueberries help improve digestion, vitamins help relieve eye strain.
5- Leafy Greens
Their composition contains many vitamins and minerals. These leaf vegetables help the body stay young and healthy for a long time. In inflammatory diseases, they will have an antiseptic effect.
Many herbs aid the digestive process. They have a carminative effect, that is, they remove the bloating of the intestines, relieve spasms of smooth muscles. When consumed with meat, it helps to digest more. Besides, they reduce the harmful effects of fats and carcinogens.
Why Eating Leafy Greens Essential In Winter?
- Parsley can help manage high blood pressure and high blood sugar.
- Dill improves the functioning of the digestive tract, heart, and blood vessels.
- Celery helps to remove excess fluid from the body.
- Basil helps with respiratory infections. Eating green onions helps boost the immune system, fights germs.
To preserve useful components in leafy greens for a long time, you should freeze them. When dried, many essential oils simply disappear. You can also salt them and store them in the refrigerator.
It is like a multifunctional tool and helps with all diseases. Honey contains a large number of vitamins, minerals, and other substances useful to the body.
Why Eating Honey Essential In Winter?
- Helps to boost immunity.
- It is used for diseases: bronchitis, sore throat, cough, and other conditions.
- Warm milk with honey helps the body fight infection, cleanse the lungs of phlegm, and improve the overall health of the body.
- Honey contains all the necessary components that we need in winter. If you drink a cup of tea in the morning and add honey and lemon to it, your body’s immunity will increase.
So what are 5 important foods in winter? What to look for during the cold season:
- Meat:Saturates the body with energy and gives a feeling of warmth for a very long time.
- Vegetables:Helps the intestines and immunity. In combination with meat, it improves its absorption.
- Fruits and berries:They contain a large number of useful vitamins. Helps to cope with colds. No heat treatment required.
- Leafy Greens:It stimulates digestion and increases the body’s resistance.
- Honey:Helps to cope with infectious diseases.
Add these foods to your daily diet and see how the body’s immunity increases.