Dentistry involves a lot of aesthetics, proving that it is as much an art as a science. Practicing proper dental care prevents problems associated with dental disease and contributes to your general health. For proper dental care, visit Emerson Dental Arts, where your teeth are given the care they deserve.
Table of Contents
Dental Arts Classification
Dental arts is categorized under two branches, general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. General dentistry is the primary teeth care and treatment, while cosmetic dentistry focuses on your smile, teeth, and mouth appearance enhancement.
General dentistry entails practices such as:
- Teeth cleaning- Involves dental plaque removal from your teeth, aiming to prevent gingivitis and cavities. Dentists recommend teeth cleaning at least every six months unless you have periodontal disease, then more regular visits are recommended.
- Sedation dentistry- This is where sedatives are used to ease your anxiety and fear during examinations or any dental procedure. Although some refer to this procedure as sleep dentistry, there is a slight difference in the patients who are normally awake.
- Dental emergency care- Is a procedure done to stop any ongoing bleeding, severe pain, or infection. This may include conditions such as, traumas involving the facial bone, extraoral swelling, or intraoral swelling caused by bacteria infections.
- Family dentistry- Is where the same dentist takes care of your dental health throughout your life. A family dentist must have some training working with children but not necessarily specialized like a pediatric dentist.
- Bleeding Gums Treatment– Laser technology has enabled the treatment of gum disease, bleeding gums, and swollen gums without invasive surgery.
Cosmetic dentistry entails practices such as:
- Tooth whitening- This is a procedure that focuses on the removal of the intrinsic stain that cannot be removed mechanically by prophylaxis or cleaning.
- A dental implant- Is a surgical fixture placed in your jawbone and fuses with your bone in months’. This implant will act as a replacement for the root of your missing tooth. Your replaced root serves the purpose of holding a bridge or a replacement tooth.
- Porcelain veneers- Are very thin fixtures with the same color as the teeth and are glued to the front of the teeth to cover dental issues, such as discolored teeth, chipped teeth, crooked teeth, or worn-out enamel.
- Dental bonding- This is a cosmetic procedure aimed at repairing cracked, broken, or chipped teeth. It also helps with gaps, lengthening of the shorter tooth, and discolored tooth. The bond is a composite resin with a similar color to the tooth.
- Cosmetic dentures- Are appliances made to fit well and blend in harmony with your mouth to offer a naturally good-looking smile. In addition, It covers gaps where there are missing teeth.
- Invisalign- Is a way of correcting teeth alignment using a series of custom-made aligners made from clear plastic. Invisalign is far less noticeable than using metal braces.
Talk to Emerson Dental Art
People often forget about taking care of their oral health, which is as important as any other part of the body. It is never too late to address your problem as Emerson Dental Arts is there to offer the best resolutions to your oral health.