Aronia is a small berry whose medicinal properties and benefits may surprise you. They say that Aronia is the healthiest berry, surpassing its sister cousins blackberries, blueberries or black currant. Its protective potential against cellular oxidation is 64.8 mmol (antioxidant capacity), much higher than that of blueberries, which makes it impossible to speak of this fruit without making a deserved mention of its medicinal applications.
This statement is due to the high anthocyanin content of this wild fruit found in Aronia juice Australia. It is a native plant found in eastern North America, with deep green leaves that turn reddish-yellow in autumn. Its fruit is a small, black-purple berry, very similar to blueberries.
Aronia A Powerful Antioxidant
As we mentioned a moment ago, Aronia has a high content of anthocyanins, which are vegetable pigments with antioxidant properties. But the great antioxidant power of Aronia is not only due to anthocyanins, this little berry also has a very high content of natural antioxidants such as polyphenols and flavonoids.
These natural antioxidants act against free radicals that are formed in our body and that can affect different organs and tissues of the body. They work by attaching themselves to the walls of organs and arteries, preventing cellular aging and cellular oxidation, including the oxidation of fats, thus preventing the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries and improving general health.
How Can Aronia Be Consumed?
Getting the fruit fresh can be difficult as it is not widely marketed in this form. Even so, we have multiple alternatives that will allow us to enjoy all the benefits of aronia.
- Dried fruit: Aronia is marketed as a dried fruit in many countries so it is much easier to find in this form.
- Jams: We can find them in herbalists and despite its astringent flavor; it improves a lot in this type of products.
- Natural Juices: It is the most widespread commercialized form and the best way to enjoy this fruit. You can find them in herbalists, health food stores and even in pharmacies. In our pharmacy we have a wide variety of natural aronia products.
- Aronia powder: Aronia powder extract has a number of uses. You can add it to your yogurts, to your smoothies and juices, to your breakfast or snack bowls, in your desserts and other cooking recipes. In the different studies carried out with aronia, it has been observed that in patients with multiple sclerosis, 100gr per day of the extract of this berry improved their symptoms, although its consumption is only recommended in those patients suffering from autoimmune diseases, under the supervision of a doctor.
- Aronia in capsules: Another practical, convenient and quick option to benefit from the benefits of aronia is to consume it through nutritional supplements in tablets or capsules. You will find numerous natural supplements based on 100% aronia and BIO.
Aronia is also used to make other types of products such as wines, vinegars, cereal bars and even infusions. If you buy aronia juice, this aronia products Australia berry juice offers you many options so that you do not stop enjoying it.