Recently, scientists have started to pay more attention to the problem of malnutrition in modern man and the emergence of diseases. What nutritional mistakes modern society allows, and how do we develop the right habits? We will help you get all these answers in this article.
Table of Contents
Which Dietary Mistakes Most People Make?
Here are some dietary mistakes most people make:
1. Refined Products
The transition from healthy food to refined food products is common. Wheat flour was one of the first foods to hit the refining epidemic. Modern technologies in the process of processing wheat have almost completely rid it of valuable macro-and microelements and vitamins. Bread made from premium flour has become perfectly white, fluffy and appetizing.
But it is now almost completely devoid of its useful qualities. The damage caused to health by refined foods (white sugar, white bread, refined vegetable oil, margarine, etc.) is compensated by taking artificial vitamins. Is it necessary to say that such nutrition will not be able to compensate for the loss of natural vitamins? The answer is yes; you must try vitamin-rich food instead of taking supplements.
2. Drug Abuse
The pharmaceutical industry offers a huge number of drugs that can you can buy without prescriptions. In many cases, people do not use drugs according to the doctor’s prescription. Many people abuse opioids and others use such drugs to feel relieved. Such a habit provokes morphological liver damage, heartburn, headaches, deficiency of certain nutrients, indigestion, and other troubles.
Therefore, those who suffer from such addiction must get treatment immediately, or the consequences can be deadly. Such treatments can be expensive, which is why many people avoid them. Now the questions arise; does insurance cover drug rehab and alcoholism treatment? The answer is yes; several insurance plans cover addiction treatment and help you recover. So contact them today and get all information regarding your treatment plan.
3. Limited Intake Of Fiber
Exclusion of fiber-rich foods or not eating enough fiber is another reason for poor health. The normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, the secretion of digestive juices, the full digestion of food and the elimination of residues largely depend on the intake of the right amount of fiber. If you do not make it a habit to consume dietary fiber, you can get functional diseases of the digestive tract. Thus, try to include foods that are rich in fiber to avoid such complications.
4. Uncontrolled Intake Of Dietary Supplements
In pursuit of a slim figure, many refuse to use natural products and almost completely replace them with synthetic supplements. Often, few people pay attention to the fact that they contain sweeteners, dyes, and flavor enhancers. As a result, they cause allergic reactions and a number of diseases in the digestive system.
5. Lack Of Fresh Natural Vegetables And Fruits
A significant proportion of the population cannot afford a complete diet with a significant amount of fresh, natural vegetables and fruits. The use of plants treated with chemicals and grown on poor soils provokes vitamin imbalance, anemia, and disturbances in biochemical processes in the body. Thus, you must eat fresh fruits and vegetables to avoid thyroid diseases and other health problems.
Good Habits For A Fulfilling Life
Few people need to be explained that proper nutrition should be balanced and meet the needs of the body. But not many people understand how to correctly determine the daily set of products that will fill the daily need for nutrients. In addition, not everyone has enough time to go to a nutritionist and count calories.
When choosing food, it is worth considering the goal that a person wants to achieve. An athlete who spends a huge amount of energy must receive the necessary amount of protein to make up for the loss of muscle mass. For an office worker who spends 8 hours a day at the computer, you need enough fresh vegetables, fruits, and fish.
Habits To Develop
To make your diet complete and prevent many diseases, you should develop the following habits:
- Regularly buy fresh fruits, berries, and vegetables, and be sure to eat them at the right time. Fruit snacks between main meals are especially useful.
- Be mindful of serving size. Even if your diet is balanced, you should not eat huge portions and stretch your stomach.
- Compare the energy value of the foods you eat with the energy you spend during the day. It is worth remembering that you should not eat heavy dishes in the evening.
- Make a food plan for the week. Planning is a good habit in all areas of life and not just nutrition. The best option would be a five-time diet with the inclusion of nuts, fish, white meat, whole grain bread, honey, rice, and vegetables.
- Practice a fasting day at least once a month.
- Be aware of the composition of the products. For the full functioning of the body, it is necessary to eat a variety of foods rich in proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins. Unloading days in the form of an apple, milk, watermelon or other diets are good, but for 1-2 days.
- The right habit will be the use of fresh fruit juices, smoothies, and shakes. Crushed food in a liquid state gives satiety for a long time and fills the body with useful substances.
Basic Rules Of The Fasting Day
The easiest and fastest way to lose extra pounds is to spend a fasting day. In order for this procedure to be beneficial and not cause psychological discomfort, it is necessary to adhere to several rules:
- Drink enough clean water
- Do not confuse fasting day and fasting; on a fasting day, it is recommended to consume in small quantities: buckwheat, raw fruits and vegetables, and liquid products.
- Do not deviate from the planned plan.
- Rest and sleep
- Split the meal into 6-7 times
It is important to remember that by properly setting up for a fasting day, eliminating harmful foods and measuring portions, you can quickly achieve your cherished goal.