Aronia berry Australia have gained importance in recent times, due to the high content of nutrients that have been detected in the scientific investigations that have been carried out.
This great flow of nutrients is closely related to the medicinal properties and benefits that this tasty fruit possesses. Do you want to know them? Take a look at the following list.
What Are The Properties Of Aronia Berries?
The results of the analyzes carried out have established that they have:
- Rich in anthocyanins, carotenes, flavonoids and other organic antioxidants.
- A high degree of vitamins. Especially A, C, E and folic acid.
- High mineral content. Especially potassium, iron, and manganese.
How To Consume Aronia Berries
You can consume this delicious fruit both fresh and dry.
- Fresh: as fruit, fruit salads, you can take Aronia berry juice and smoothies as well for good health.
- Dry: in candies, desserts, cakes, beverage flavoring, yogurt, ice cream, wines, syrups, in muesli, and can even be cooked in the form of tea.
- Dried berries can be found available at many health food stores.
Thanks to this varied composition of nutrients, aronia berries can help you with different health benefits, including:
- They help improve digestive health. The fibers it contains facilitate digestion and help prevent constipation, diarrhea, cramps and abdominal inflammation. The organic compounds contained in aronia berries also protect the intestine from the proliferation of some dangerous bacteria.
- They prevent premature aging. One of the main characteristics of this fruit is its rich content in antioxidants, especially in: Quercetin, epicatechin, caffeic acid, malvidin, lutein and zea-xanthin. These antioxidant substances help eliminate free radicals present in the bloodstream and therefore throughout the body, preventing ailments such as Alzheimer’s and arteriosclerosis, among others.
- They help you lose weight. Buy aronia berry juice if you feel low in calories and fat and are also rich in fiber. With which its consumption increases the feeling of satiety, feeding you healthily, but without getting fat.
- They stimulate the immune system. One of the vitamins that has a higher proportion is vitamin C, which, as you already know, stimulates the activity of white blood cells that act on the body’s immune response.
- Recent research confirms its antiviral properties, demonstrated in its fight against the type A influenza virus, as well as its bactericidal capacity, which can fight Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli, among other bacteria.
- They prevent diabetes. Its rich fiber content has also been related to the ability to regulate insulin secretion, preventing fluctuations in its levels, which can be dangerous for those who suffer from this disease. Berries can also help prevent disease.
- They improve the health of the eyes. The carotenes that are present in these berries are capable of reducing oxidative stress in the cells of the eyes, preventing macular degeneration and delaying or preventing the development of cataracts.
- They prevent cancer. There is research that has linked aronia berries and their anthocyanin content, with a reduction in colon cancer.
A team of researchers from the Department of Nutrition and Food Science at the University of Maryland analyzed anthocyanin-rich extracts from grapes, blueberries, and aronia berries. It was found that the chemopreventive activity against colon cancer of these three extracts, inhibited the growth of cancer cells, but the aronia extract was the most potent.
They regulate blood pressure and prevent heart disease. Its rich potassium content is high enough to have a remarkable effect on heart health. Since this mineral is known for its great vasodilator effect, capable of regulating blood pressure. The fiber they have and their antioxidants also contribute to improving heart health, as they reduce cholesterol levels and eliminate free radicals.