It is natural for hair to grow around their respective areas. However, you might be unhappy with some of your hair, like those that grow on your legs, chest, armpits, bikini area, back, and hands. Laser hair removal is a technique that uses laser light to destroy hair follicles. This technique of hair removal takes about twenty minutes to complete, and it is done for two or three weeks for you to see the results. Visit a Fort Worth physician that is expert in removing your unwanted hair through laser hair removal. Below are facts you should know before undergoing laser hair removal.
Facts About Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure, and it is vital to research its benefits as well as its potential side effects in detail. The following are facts about laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal has moderate pain. This process works by passing laser lights over the place of treatment. During the process, laser lights convert to heat, which destroys the hair follicles. To the places with thin hair, you may feel a burning sensation due to the laser heat energy. After the process is completed, your skin may be irritated, causing some pain.
- It is not a one day process. According to health officers, after laser hair removal treatment, you need to wait for two or three weeks to see the outcome. After the first treatment, it is advisable to wait for three to four days before undergoing the second hair removal process. For complete laser hair removal, you have to undergo treatment 8 to 12 times.
- Trim the area of treatment before your laser. It is vital to trim your hair before treatment with a laser starts. This should be done two days prior to the day of treatment. If you come to the appointment without trimmed hair, the hair blocks the laser rays, limiting them from reaching the hair follicles. The trimmed area of treatment gives the laser rays room to penetrate the hair follicles.
- Laser hair removal is a fast procedure. The first treatment procedure takes about 20 minutes to complete. The process can be faster if you follow your doctor’s advice.
- It is a non-limiting procedure. The effects of the laser lights stay in your skin for 24 hours. It is advisable not to take a hot shower or expose yourself to sun rays since you may develop spots. A hot shower also facilitates bacteria manipulation on your skin. After a successful treatment, you can go back to your routine after 24 hours.
- Avoid some of your beauty products. According to your dermatologist, you should avoid scrubs, acidic lotions, and retinol creams two days before and after the treatment. As the laser light gets off your skin, you may feel dry and irritated. It is vital to apply moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure used to get rid of unwanted hair. It is vital to find a professional doctor for your treatment. Visit Skin Deep Laser MD for more information and treatment procedures.